LLTI Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:49:03 EST
--- Forwarded Message from LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:08:28 -0800 (PST)
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fawn Whittaker

IALL Colleagues,

        I have some sad news to share with you--- Fawn Whittaker,
Director of the Language Center at BYU Hawaii passed away in January
after a long battle with cancer.
        Fawn was a kind, gentle and giving person who was active
professionally within our field, as well as in volunteer work throughout
the South Pacific. Samanth Earp will publish an obituary in the next IALL
Journal that provides a deeper look at Fawn's contributions and interests.
        Fawn is survived by her parents and her daughter. I have their
address, and will provide it to you directly if you'd like to send them a
note---
just drop me a note.
        Fawn was really a special person, as anyone who ever met her
will attest. One couldn't know her and not be changed a bit, to be more
giving and caring about the human lives around us. I'm sure I'm not the
only one who will greatly miss this gentle soul.

LeeAnn Stone