LLTI Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:27:47 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Pat Murphy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:14:20 -0600
>From: "Pat Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5985 Using video in the classroom

------------------
re:  video materials
I use The Family Album, U.S.A. series (Macmillan, Inc.) with beginners to high beginners.
I like Culture Watch for intermediate level (Regents Prentice Hall) and, by the same publishers Focus on American Culture for advanced ESL students.
Pat Murphy
English Language and Orientation Program
Louisiana State University

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/07/01 10:07AM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from "Packard, Julia" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Packard, Julia" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Using video in the classroom
>Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:23:10 -0500

Could anyone tell me where I can find articles or reference materials on
using video in the foreign language classroom?
Also possibly any place to find good video materials - such as video series
that come in short segments that can be fit into a short class period?
I need to make up a reference list for a faculty member ASAP, and I'm coming
up short with a web search.
Help please!!!

Julia W. Packard
Language Learning Center Coordinator