LLTI Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:27:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Olaf Bohlke <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 07:49:54 -0800
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Olaf Bohlke <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: How to type Arabic in Win9x and MAC OS9?

------------------
Dear LLTI,
How can one a)type Arabic fonts and b)type from right to left in Windows9x
and on the MAC using OS9?  (I only found one related question about this in
the LLTI archive but no replies)

WINDOWS9x:
I have already found some Arabic fonts on the web and downloaded them.  I
can now type in Arabic (I don't speak or read it), but how can one type
from right to left?

MACINTOSH OS9:
I have not tried anything yet.  Any quick pointer into the right direction
would be appreciated.  (I heard about the Arabic Language Kit included in OS9)
I found good instructions at http://www.cam.ac.uk/CS/Docs/Infosheets/l21/

My question: Is Nisus the way to go, or will Word98 'do OK'?

We currently have Word97 installed on the IBMs and Office98 on our MACs.

Thank you very much.

Olaf

Olaf Böhlke, Director HLRC
Creighton U