LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:24:24 EST
--- Forwarded Message from <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:02:01 -500
>Subject: MOOers out there?
>From: <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]

       Are any of you MOOing with your students?  I've been poking
 around language MOOs like SchMOOze University and le MOO francais,
but I can't find anybody to play with.  I've enjoyed reading the
descriptions of rooms people have built, but I'm not finding people to
talk to.  In part, I may be having trouble with the commands*;
however, I'm not finding a lot of people on-line by just dropping in.
If you are taking a class to one of these MOOs or another, I'd like to
make a virtual date to join in as an additional speaker/player. I have
taught ESL and French, and know some Spanish.
        Also, if you have other MOO advice, I'd love to hear it.
 Thanks,

 Mary Ball
 Ph.D. Student
 Foreign/Second Language Education
 Ohio State University

 *Although the @who command shows a few players supposedly logged in,
 when I attempt to page them or move to their rooms, I get responses
 like "there is no player/room" by that name here.