LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:59:58 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Kirk Anderson <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:38:41 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Kirk Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5951.1 Composition software for Spanish & French

------------------
We purchased the then-current verion of Le Correcteur 101
a couple years ago and it didn't fit our needs very well.
The difference between what a native French speaker
needs and what an English-speaking student learning
French needs came into sharp focus as we used this
software.  Le Correcteur was very clearly designed
with the former group in mind.

We also had complication with students writing their
work in ClarisWorks/AppleWorks but that might
be a moot point by now.

Kirk Anderson
French Studies
Wheaton College MA