LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:18:38 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Ruth Trometer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:54:18 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Ruth Trometer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: backup for servers

Greetings on a cold day in Feb!

As the user base of our servers expands, I'm becoming more concerned about
redundancy.  I would be very happy to hear what others are doing to provide
a fall-back plan if their server goes down - i.e. a list of equipment /
resources dedicated to making sure all software will be continuously
distributed.  I would also like to hear of alternatives you have discovered
to providing 365/7/24 hour service on your own.  If you want to reply off
list, I'll be happy to compile & repost.

Many thanks,

Ruth Trometer

P.S.  I thought there was a discussion on this topic not too long ago, but
I couldn't find anything in the archives.  Does anyone have a reference?