LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:13:28 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5946.3 quicktime files
>Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:19:34 -0000

I believe MPEG is in effect the true non proprietary standard having been
defined by the Motion Picture industry.  Although QT is proprietary, it
integrates very well with MPEG, I did experience the same problems with
versions of the MacOS below 8.1, never mind some legacy but much used
versions of Windows.

BW,

Philippe