LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:20:45 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:06:26 -0600
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: #5952 Hardware and "Wireless labs"
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
In a fixed location, I would suggest sticking with a hard-wired network.
It is faster and maybe a bit more reliable than the wireless network.
Also, the wireless solutions slow with the more users you have accessing a
hub.

I have both.  I have a 100 Mb hard wired Mac lab with iMacs, G4s, and two
G4 servers.  I also have three wireless hubs.  This allows our roaming
classroom cart to access the network from anywhere in the building and lets
anyone with the right hardware to bring their laptop into the building and
use the network.

It has worked well so far.

Tom Browne

--On Friday, February 16, 2001 4:03 PM -0500 LLTI-Editor
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:rr