LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:17:53 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Sun, 18 Feb 2001 19:23:40 -0500
>From: Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: #5944 What's In A Name? (job descriptions)
>To: [log in to unmask]

At UMass there is a union for professional staff which makes a huge
difference. Several years ago, the language center director's position was
upgraded two "steps" when there was a review of all job descriptions for
professionals. It helped that I carefully followed a supplied worksheet
which served as reminder to all that the position entails. I'd be happy to
send the worksheet to anyone as a guide. -Irene Starr