LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:58:38 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:43:43 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5928.2 How run Spanish Partner on Windows98 SE? (!)

------------------
Hi, all!

Just for clarification:

The CD-ROM for Puntos de Partida is not the same as Spanish Partner.

Spanish Partner (1994, McGraw-Hill, Morley & Fisher) was (at the time) a
very sophisticated program. It is dated now, as has come up on the
discussion list, but I know of many labs where it is still in use and
appreciated by students and teachers. The Macintosh version is the best
version, especially since the PC (DOS) version will not run under the new
versions of Windows.

Spanish Partner is listed as an ancilliary for the latest edition of
Puntos. I asked McGraw-Hill to sponsor an updated (web-based or windows)
version, but so far it has not been funded.  If you like Spanish Partner,
please tell your McGraw-Hill rep that you would like to see an update.

Thanks,
Karl

Karl W. Fisher
Director, Language Laboratory