LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:57:24 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:10:45 -0500
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Puntos on Macs

------------------
What we are now setting up is offering our Mac lab users
a dual boot feature via Net Boot and Mac Manager.  We still
have to have 8.6 for some legacy software but want the
language kits so nicely integrated with 9.  We have our
own Mac server which makes this possible.  You may want
to consider a similar set-up.  You could even label the
8.6 option on the start up menu, "Puntos de Partida" or
something like to get students to choose that....

Best, Mike Ledgerwood
LLRC, Stony Brook, NY
Host of NEALL '01