LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:03:52 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Bush <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 23:28:01 -0700
>From: Michael Bush <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: DVD Authoring Workshop at CALICO
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
We are planning two DVD-related pre-conference workshops at CALICO to take
place on Tuesday and Wednesday, 13 and 14 March.

1.  "DVD for Beginners" designed for beginners in the area of digital media
technologies.
2.  "Authoring DVD for Language Learning" designed to introduce experienced
practitioners in digital media (or attendees to the "DVD for Beginners"
workshop) to the craft of creating DVDs.

See http://www.calico.org/CALICO01/index.html for descriptions of the
workshops.

For the second day's events we will demonstrate the use of the Spruce
Maestro DVD Authoring system that we are using for DVD development at BYU.
See: http://www.spruce-tech.com/products/dvdmaestro.html  We are also hoping
that Apple will be able to demonstrate their exciting new DVD authoring
system.

Cheers,

Mike
Michael Bush