LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:02:04 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:27:34 -0800
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5944headphone holders

------------------
We've had this problem with some large Labtec headphones. I ended up
going to Home Depot and purchasing large hooks (the kind I use to
hang my bicycle in my garage) which are vinyl-coated for about 59
cents each. I screwed them into the bottom of the tables in the labs
and hung the headphones on them. Below the desk is a better location
since the CPUs are also down there so the cords are more manageable
than when we were pulling them up over the back of the table.

Judi

>--- Forwarded Message from "Susan Gehrlein" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:26:56 -0600
>>From: "Susan Gehrlein" <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: headphone holders
>
>I'm in need of some suggestions as to how other Labs manage their
>headphones. At present we use L shaped document holders stuck to the
>side of the monitors but the headphones are too heavy and the holders
>fall off. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. What am I
>missing?
>

>Susan Gehrlein
>Director, Foreign Language Learning Center
>University of North Texas
>PO Box 311127       Denton, TX 76203-1127
>940-565-2585 (tel)    940-565-2581(fax)

Judi Franz, Director
Humanities Instructional Resource Center
University of California, Irvine
269 Humanities Hall
(949) 824-6344
http://www.humanities.uci.edu/hirc