LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:02:00 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Dick House <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:10:12 -0500 (EST)
>From: Dick House <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5943 Virtual PC

------------------
Virtual PC vresion 3.0 is very responsive on MAC G4 machines.  I can't
vouch for font use, but, in general web site creators in, say, Russian,
favor windows character sets. That means that having virtual PC is very
useful, indeed.

You do have to think, however, that something like Word might or might not
be available on "both" platforms for your students/users.  In general,
you'll find that folks will "assume" that they can have a "full box" on
the virtual PC side.  Be explicit about what  you're making available.

Dick House
Wabash College