LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:29:58 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:03:17 -1000
>From: Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: LLT 5:1 now available
>To: [log in to unmask]

We are happy to announce that Volume 5, Number 1 of Language Learning
& Technology is now available at http://llt.msu.edu ! The contents
are listed below.

Please visit the LLT Web site and be sure to enter your free
subscription if you have not already done so. We welcome submissions
of articles, review, and commentaries for future issues. Guidelines
for submissions are available on our Web site.

ARTICLES
Giving a Virtual Voice to the Silent Language of Culture: The Cultura Project
(Gilberte Furstenberg, Sabine Levet, Kathryn English, & Katherine Maillet)
Exchanging Ideas with Peers in Network-Based Classrooms: An Aid or a Pain?
(Sima Sengupta)
E-mail and Word Processing in the ESL Classroom: How the Medium
Affects the Message
(Sigrun Biesenbach-Lucas & Donald Weasenforth)
Can Software Support Children's Vocabulary Development
(Julie Wood)
The Effect of Multimedia Annotation Modes on L2 Vocabulary
Acquisition: A Comparative Study
(Khalid Al Seghayer)

COLUMNS
 From the Editors
On the Net: Sites for Soar(ing) Eyes (Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio)
Emerging Technology: Accessibility and Web Design, Why does it
matter? (Bob Godwin-Jones)
News from Sponsoring Organizations

REVIEWS Edited by Jennifer Leeman
The Internet (Windeatt, Hardisty, & Eastment)
Reviewed by Peter Lafford
Real English (Marzio School & Ipse Communication)
Reviewed by Tomoaki Tatsumi
Lab Management Software for the Mac
Reviewed by Mark Peterson