LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:29:47 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5931.5 title? (!)
>Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:22:12 -0000

All these are very good points, we appear to be moving in this direction too
in the UK with a tendency to downgrade language departments (in some
institutions) and/or deliver them without class contact or minimal class
contact and maximum self access.

So far, most created posts end up being called Director but there are a few
co-ordinators and supervisors, etc... and crucially, Foreign Languages can
end up being part of Institutional Libraries which implies perhaps non
academic post status, a worrying development.

Philippe