LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:16:39 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Benjamin Kloda <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
> Can anyone please recommend a good interactive CD on the city of Paris
> in French?  I'm interested in something that covers art, architecture,
> monuments, that kind of thing?   Thanks,  Ed Dixon  202-687-5766

There is an amazing one called "Paris: Promenades et Histoires" that I think
has been updated recently, though the older version is amazing as well.  It
has QTVR panoramas, multimedia walkthroughs, and everything is
cross-referenced (e.g. buildings to people to time periods to art, etc.).
It is available at www.montparnasse-net.com, or at least it used to be-
their online store seems to be offline for now.  It cost me 300FF in 1998.
This company also produces high-quality CD-ROMS in other areas, my favorite
being the Musée d'Orsay-Louvre box set.  Even better, most of their best
titles are hybrid PC-Mac discs.

Benjamin Kloda

---
Benjamin J. Kloda