LLTI Archives

February 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:23:25 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5920 Koss SB-30 headsets
>Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:55:22 -0500
>Return-Receipt-To: Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I have had these headsets in our lab now for about two years and the
microphones are starting to go on a few of them. They break off and then
even if you glue the hard plastic part back on, the wiring shorts out. Koss
has replaced three of them thus far, for a $5 per headset shipping fee, but
technically, the warranty says that they will only do this for individual
users, so I am wondering if they will continue to put up with me sending
them back from an institution.  The quality of the microphone for voice
recognition has been fine.

Lorraine Williams
Language Technology Coordinator
Saint Michael's College