LLTI Archives

January 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:07:29 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Dick Kuettner" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:49:21 -0500
>From: "Dick Kuettner" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Placement Testing w/BYU

Happy belated New Year to All,

W&L is considering on-line placement testing.  One area contemplating
such is foreign languages, and specifically with BYU resources.

If any of you are using the placement testing for foreign languages
offered by BYU, would you please give me your impressions?  Then, please
touch on the following:  Do you test in the summer months?  During
orientation of new students?  How do you handle receipt of results?  Do
you have an established data base where results from BYU are sent and
stored?

Any feedback is helpful.  I greatly appreciate it.  To avoid clutter of
the LLTI you can e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]  If you want,
take a look at us at http://tmc.wlu.edu.   Thanks mucho,

Dick