LLTI Archives

January 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:27:36 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5907 Fleetwood Lab
>Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:33:16 -0500

------------------
Hi, Barrett:

It looks like the Fleetwood Lab is simply a short-distance radio setup, with
headphones set to a particular frequency over which the instructor
broadcasts audio material.  Students respond by pushing a button or speaking
through a handheld module -- you're right, it isn't clear from their Web
site as to how feedback works.

If you're in the market for a Tandberg system, we are getting rid of ours at
the end of this semester -- it's an IS-10 (not digital, but tape) complete
with instructor console, 21 cassette decks, headphones, etc.  I'd be willing
to donate it to the Governor's School.  Do you need furniture with that?

a.

Andrew F. Ross, Ph.D
Director, Multimedia Language Lab
G15 Puryear Hall
University of Richmond,  VA   23173
Tel: (804) 287-6838

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and
taste good with ketchup."