LLTI Archives

January 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:07:23 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Professor Andrew Lian <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:06:42 +1100 (EST)
>From: Professor Andrew Lian <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: ALAA 2001 (Australia) - Conference Announcement

------------------
Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for any cross-postings.

                        *** ALAA 2001 ***

I am pleased to announce the 2001 National Congress of the Applied
Linguistics Association of Australia.

2001 marks the 25th anniversary of the founding of The Applied Linguistics
Association of Australia. ALAA came into being at a meeting held at the
University of Newcastle in August 1976 and, ever since, has played a
significant role both nationally and internationally in all areas of
Applied Linguistics.

ALAA 2001, to be held in Australia's national capital, will provide a
wonderful opportunity to renew old friendships, create new ones, look
forward together to the future of Applied Linguistics in the region and
the world and review the many achievements of the past quarter century.
This is a very cordial invitation for you to join ALAA 2001. We very much
look forward to welcoming you to Canberra.

The Congress Theme is:
Asia-Pacific Applied Linguistics: the Next 25 Years.

Keynote speakers secured so far include:

Professor Claire Kramsch - UC Berkeley- (in conjunction with AFMLTA
Conference)

Dr Terry Quinn, former Director Horwood Language Centre, University of
Melbourne

Conference Dates: 6th July to 8th July 2001

Additional details may be obtained from the website (where a conference
brochure in PDF format may be downloaded)

All interested persons both from Australia and overseas invited to attend.

Contact information:
Ms Melissa Howarth
School of Languages and International Education
University of Canberra
Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia

Tel: +61 (0)2 6201 2077
Fax:  +61 (0)2 6201 5089

e-mail for enquiries: [log in to unmask]
e-mail for submission of abstracts: [log in to unmask]
Congress website: http://www.slie.canberra.edu.au/alaa

Professor Andrew Lian
Head, School of Languages and International Education
Professor of Languages and Second Language Education
University of Canberra, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia