LLTI Archives

January 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:36:35 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Marlene Johnshoy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:13:26 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Marlene Johnshoy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Chinese in a pdf file

Have any of you ever embedded Chinese fonts in a pdf file?

If you have, I need some help.   I'm working with Acrobat 4 on a Mac
and I have installed all the Asian font pack stuff and am using the
Distiller, but I can't get the fonts to embed.   It may be a font
type problem, but the fonts I am using I downloaded from Adobe.
This is message I am getting):

specified by a
           font is missing or corrupted."

And in the Document Info - Fonts in the Reader, it does not say
anything about the Chinese font, so it is not getting embedded.

Thanks for your help -

Marlene