LLTI Archives

January 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:23:56 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Leonce Frodoaldus Rushubirwa <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:00:23 -0500 (EST)
>From: Leonce Frodoaldus Rushubirwa <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5895 Swahili teachers discussion list?

------------------

Hello

My name is Leonce Rushubirwa currently a Ph.D. candidate at Ohio
University majoring Curriculum and Instruction (specializing in
(Instructional Technology - Education and Linguistics).  I am also a
coordinator of African Studies at the University of Gergia. I am from
Tanzania and I taught Swahili for 17 years (12 in Tanzania, and 5 in US at
Ohio University).

I am well experienced in almost all parts of Swahili language teaching
that include: Swahili theory, methodolody, literature, grammar, Swahili
Curriculum design, implement and evaluation, technology integration in
teaching Swahili, On-line or web-based swahili instruction and everything
goes in teaching it.

While your instructor is looking for the Swahili group for discussion,
I will be more than happy to help or discuss with her/him any issues
related to teaching Swahili. If she/he need any help on designing Swahili
curriculum or integration technology I could help. If she is well
experienced than I do, then we could just share our experiences.

I am now finishing my dissertation titled: : Student-Faculty Perceptions
of the Roles of Integrating Multmedia and Web-based Instruction in
University Foreign Language Teaching: The Study of Three language --
Kiswahili, Japanese, and Yoruba (One of the languages from Nigeria).
Therefore, I hope my findings could stimulate our discussion.

Thank you so much

Leonce Rushubirwa
Jan 15, 2001.