LLTI Archives

January 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:23:51 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Peter Y <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:10:02 -0500
>From: Peter Y <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5891 accents in e-mail

------------------
Tbob,

Did you try sending accented messages to any web-based mail address
using your Eudora and then receiving them using web-based mail? This is
to determine if the trouble comes from your mail server or just from
your mail client (Eudora).

If this is the case, then the key to solve your problem is not in your
pocket, but in your mail-server administrator's hand.

If it is only Eudora that distorts accents, you can use Netscape
Messenger (Netscape Mail) instead of Eudora as your mail client. My
colleagues using Mac had the problem you have, and solved it by using
Netscape Messenger.

Hope this helps,

Peter