LLTI Archives

December 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 07:55:04 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Janel Brennan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Janel Brennan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ISO: Reaction Time & Speech Analysis Software suggestions
>Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:23:29 -0500

------------------

Hello-

First I want to thank everyone who responded to the questions I've asked the
list before.  Everyone has been very helpful and I really appreciate it even
if I didn't get a chance to thank each person individually!

The language faculty here at the University of Maryland will be getting a
new Second Language Acquisition research space and they would like to be
able to measure reaction time and also analyze speech (among other things).
They will have two workstations (one mac & one PC).  Since I am not familiar
with what is being used out there in regards to software for these purposes,
I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions as to which software
packages we should be researching or better yet - what people are already
using successfully.  These are the software packages that are on our review
list but I am not familiar with this area at all: E-Prime, Superlab, & for
speech data analysis - Childes, and Signalyze (which seems to no longer be
sold)

Any help or suggestions about these software packages others we should be
looking at would be appreciated!

-Janel

Janel Brennan, Coordinator
FL Instructional Technology
University of Maryland
1105 Jimenez Hall - College Park, MD 20742
O: 301-405-6927 Fax: 301-314-9841
Language Media Services
http://www.inform.umd.edu/lms