LLTI Archives

December 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 07:58:13 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 01:22:05 -0500
>Subject: CALICO Review - Winter Edition
>From: Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, CLA <[log in to unmask]>, CITE <[log in to unmask]>,        "CLA-FL(ALL)" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear Colleagues,

It is with pleasure that I announce the Winter Edition of the CALICO Review.
There are six new software reviews waiting for you just in time for the
Christmas break. In case you haven't yet bookmarked the CALICO Review
website, here's the URL: http://astro.temple.edu/~jburston/CALICO/index.htm

As you'll see, less commonly taught languages are well represented with
reviews of Xhosa, Zulu, Chinese and Japanese. There's also a comprehensive
assessment of an English/Spanish translating package. Lastly, a crossword
puzzle generator, capable of handling just about any (single byte)
alphabetic writing system, is put to the test for you. Do have a look as
soon as you get a chance, the software under review is of particularly high
standard.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Best wishes to all for the holidays, Jack

Dr J. Burston
CALICO Software Review Editor
College of Liberal Arts
Temple University