LLTI Archives

December 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:22:25 EST
--- Forwarded Message from TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 13:32:48 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: French-Eng. Eng.-French + all French (TBob)

------------------
I am always surprized when I see a translator who has not linked

Leximagne - l'empereur des pages dico
http://globegate.utm.edu/french/globegate_mirror/dico.html

We have over 900 dictionaries of all kinds, and publicly lay claim to the
description of most comprehensive electronic French dictionary tool
anywhere.

In the area of English French French English translation, we have eclipsed
the library with a page containing 25 machine translation links, 20
bilingual dictionaries.

http://globegate.utm.edu/french/globegate_mirror/machine.html

For these combined resources there is no stone unturned.  On the same page,
I have linked 15 encyclopedias and other extensive French-French
resoiurces, so that translators can bring up more meaningful context for
what they look up.

This is not the perfect tool, but I challenge anyone on the net to find one
which is more comprhensive.

TBob

Robert D. Peckham, Ph.D.
Director, the Globe-Gate Project
Director, the Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center
University of Tennessee-Martin
http://globegate.org/french/globe.html
e-mail [log in to unmask]