LLTI Archives

December 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:22:23 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Sue Weier <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 12:59:21 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Sue Weier <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5857.3 US International keyboard (!)

------------------
Another way to see the layouts for the various language keyboards included
with Windows is Microsoft Visual Keyboard, a free download from
Microsoft.  You must have some part of Office 2000 installed to use Visual
Keyboard, but it will also work fairly well with WordPerfect, once
installed.  Visual Keyboards gives you a visual keyboard layout that you
can use as a reference or as an interface for entering the characters.  It
will alter the layout as you press the Ctrl, Alt, or Shift keys.  You can
also set Visual Keyboard to a different language keyboard than the one that
you're using in your word processor.  This is useful when you're using
isolated international characters in a document that is primarily English
(or vice versa).

Download Visual Keyboard at
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/2000/downloaddetails/viskeyboard.htm.

Sue

Susan Weier
Learning Support Services, 279 Van Hise Hall
University of Wisconsin-Madison