LLTI Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:02:26 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5841.6 headset microphones (!)
>Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:34:11 -0000

I am NOT aware that "resolution" means anything in the audio context.  I
will refer this message to the InSTIL list which has many speech experts.

My guess would be that High Resolution in this context is better than Low
(as indeed it is for graphics).

One of the crucial issues about headset quality is noise cancellation
(especially where speech recognition is used).

Best regards and sorry I couldn't immediately be of more help,

Philippe Delcloque
InSTIL SIG at http://dbs.tay.ac.uk/instil/