LLTI Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:21:07 EST
--- Forwarded Message from JOHNSOTH <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
> Hello, Jenise:

  Good hearing from you! I am sure you are up to a lot of
interesting things.

  This is what we are doing re: wireless laptops:
  1) We are using them for instructors who can incorporate
internet, power point and other computer accessed resources
in regular classrooms that have computer hookup and that are
within reach of our wireless transmision box.

  2) We have 20 wireless laptops in a cart that are to be
used in an adjacent classroom (part of the LLC). This is our
"writing lab." Laptops can be used with CD ROMs, with
aeronet cards for internet access, or different writing
activities.

  I would be glad to present something if you think this
might go along with what you have in mind for the pane.
Please let me know.

  Either way, I certainly am glad to say hello to you.

Teresa

--- Forwarded Message from Jenise Rowekamp

> >Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:17:54 -0600
> >To: Language Learning and Technology International
> Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
> >From: Jenise Rowekamp <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: Re: Portable Wireless Laptop Labs
>
> ------------------
> I'd like to put together a panel for a proposal on new
> types of
> Computer Labs (portable,laptop, wireless or any
> combination but not
> "virtual" and probably not "brick-and-mortar" either :))
> for the IALL
> conference this Spring. If you have one of these, are
> planning on going to
> IALL and would like to join me, please let me know. I'd be
> happy to put
> together the proposal. The deadline for proposals is Dec.
> 15.
>

> Jenise Rowekamp, Director
> CLA Language Center
> University of Minnesota