LLTI Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:21:04 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jacqueline Kaminski <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 13:14:52 -0500
>From: Jacqueline Kaminski <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Call for Submissions to the IALL '01 Lab Showcase

Greetings IALL Members!

Great new news!  A call for Submissions to the IALL Showcase CD-ROM!!!

Previously called the "Best of IALL Language Lab Tours Video," this IALL
publication is now called the "IALL Showcase."  No longer trapped solely
in analog format, this year the IALL Showcase will be produced on
CD-ROM.  It has been expanded to include not only lab or facilities
tours, but also training, promotion, and project documentaries.  Thus,
the Lab Tours Video Award has been renamed the "IALL Showcase Award."

As before, video submissions, either analog or digital, will be
evaluated on their design, implementation, and integration. This is a
competition where language laboratory staff can submit videos (see
format restrictions on webpage) of their facilities or involvement in
one of the activities metioned above.  Videos should offer viewers
insight into lab design and management or some aspect of training,
promotion, or related activity.

Please understand that only a limited number of videos can be included
due to data constraints.  Videos will be judged for inclusion based not
primarily on the equipment or facility displayed, but on the
instructional or informative value of the content. The videos selected
for this project may be included (in CD-ROM format) in an upcoming
revision of the IALL Lab Design Kit. This is a great opportunity to
share your expertise and experience with others. Diversity of lab types
and institutions is desired.

*****   For additonal information, please visit the website at:
http://iall.net/showcase/    *****

Questions and submissions should be directed to:
Jacqueline Kaminski
Multimedia Instructional Development Center
1408 Stewart Center, Room G-57
Purdue University W. Lafayette, IN 47906
(765)496-7491
(Please include "IALL Showcase" in correspondence headings)

The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2001.  We hope to see you at
IALL 2001!   I look forward to your submissions!

Best regards,
Jacqueline Kaminski