LLTI Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:21:02 EST
--- Forwarded Message from George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:05:49 -0600
>Sender: George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]>
>From: George Mitrevski <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Digital Video Exchange web page

------------------
Hi folks.

At  Auburn University we are starting a Digital Video Exchange web page, a
service offered to institutions that have a LEGAL right and publisher's
permission to digitize language course video tapes. We do not promote, or
condone, the illegal sharing of videos. Some publishers of instructional
videos will give permision, under some conditions, to digitize videos that are
used in language courses. Our advice is that before you share a video with
another institution you need to be sure that the latter institution has a
written permission from the publisher to digitize the video. Our aim is to
provide a service to those institutions that have permission to digitize
videos, but do not have the technical resources to do so. The location of the
web page is at:

http://ntserver.langlab.auburn.edu/DVE/index.asp

Here you can
1) Submit a request for a video
2) Submit an offer of a video that you can share
3) Search for videos being offered
4) Search for videos being requested

At this time that database is empty.

Cordially,

George.

Dr. George Mitrevski        office: 334-844-6376
Foreign Languages              fax: 334-844-6378
6030 Haley Center           e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Auburn University        voicemail: 435-806-7037
Auburn, AL 36849-5204

Web: http://www.auburn.edu/~mitrege/
Buy my used books in Macedonian, Russian and other Slavic languages:
http://semiology.safeshopper.com/