LLTI Archives

November 2000, Week 5

From:
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:44:34 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:29:12 -0500
>From: Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5841 headsets (microphones) for computerlab!

------------------
Hello all!

I must say we were experiencing the same problem when we needed to
replaced our headsets. The ones we had were not sturdy enough and the
samples we examined did not produce good sound on record. We ended up
purchasing CALIFONE 3066AV headsets. They are *not* pretty, but they
really do the job for listening and recording. There is also audio level
adjustment on the headset itself. We purchased them from Troxell
Communications 1-800-578-8858 for approx $40 each if I recall correctly
(considerably less than some of the headsets we tested). They are
well-cushioned and the cushions are covered in vinyl so should be easy
to clean (no earwig jokes hear!!) and are definitely heavy duty. We are
very happy with them -- just wish they were a little more aesthetically
pleasing! Beth

Beth Secrist, Director
Language Resource Center
Dept. of Modern Foreign Langs. & Lits.