LLTI Archives

November 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:15:02 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:26:09 -0800 (PST)
>From: "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5815.4 Security (!)

------------------
Hello IALL,

We also run Foolproof in our lab at City College of San Francisco.  We've
had a few annoying glitches that seem to have no solution (the Foolproof
tech support people have no answers anyway).  Our campus is a Netscape
campus (so our tech support will not help with any other browser
problems), but we run Internet Explorer in our lab because of the free
language support for Chinese and Japanese.  We discovered that when
FoolProof is running, IE will freeze up if you use the "view" menu to
change the encoding option.  If you put the encoding button on the IE
toolbar and use that to change encoding rather than the "view" menu, we
find there is no problem.  Of course if you use Netscape there is no
problem at all.

Carol Reitan