LLTI Archives

November 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:45:15 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Cahill, Linda E." <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Cahill, Linda E." <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5815 Security
>Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:38:08 -0500

This was our biggest nightmare. We have Centurion on our network, which is
great. Upon reboot of a single system, the system is restored to its
original state. Disadvantage: there's a key to turn to disable it when you
want to install new hardware (if you have a tower on the floor, this can be
a bit of a pain). We have also tried Fortres in our department. It's so
tight students can't navigate and I can't troubleshoot. I prefer Centurion.