LLTI Archives

November 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:08:56 EST
--- Forwarded Message from barbara sawhill <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 09:41:51 -0500
>From: barbara sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: wireless network security
>Originator-info: login-id=psawhill; server=mail.oberlin.edu
>To: [log in to unmask]

wireless connection, I offer this response from one of our networking guys:

"As long as the user has a valid, non-duplicate ip number, they are part of
our
net. We keep the wireless users separate, and can monitor any of them as
necessary. If any try something stupid like port scans, etc, we are notified
and take appropriate action."

Barbara Sawhill
Director
Cooper International Learning Center (The Language Lab)
Peters Hall
Oberlin College
50 North Professor Street
Oberlin, Ohio 44074