LLTI Archives

November 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:45:21 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jeff La Favre <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:00:25 -0500
>From: Jeff La Favre <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5815 Security
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

Mary,

In our language lab we run Windows 98 (Windows 95 in the past) and use Fortres
101 for security (Fortres Grand Corp - http://www.fortres.com ).  Since
installation of Fortres over two years ago, we have not had any problems caused
by users.  However, you need to spend some time in configuring Fortres so that
it will allow all of your programs to run properly (this can be a pain in some
instances).

Jeff La Favre
John Carroll University