LLTI Archives

October 2000, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:06:31 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Language Laboratories and Archives <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:42:45 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Language Laboratories and Archives <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: #5790 Re: Sound Editing Software

Actually, for our sound editing, we have been using DigiDesign's
SoundDesigner software (for NuBus Macs), and we have just purchased the PCI
version ToolBox. I don't remember the price, but since it includes a sound
board, I suspect it is more expensive than these other alternatives. One
reason we like it: direct digital input (i.e., if you have a recording on
DAT, you don't have to convert and reconvert the signal).

Barbara Need
Manager (SS4)
http://humanities.uchicago.edu/lla/