LLTI Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:17:51 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:55:44 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Language Acquisition Survey

First, I want to thank all of the people who offered to tape the teleconference for me today. What would I do without LLTI?

Secondly, I would like to pass along a request from the German language program director here at UCI. He would very much appreciate it if you could distribute the following among your language program directors, instructors and/or students.

Judi
Humanities Instruc. Resource Ctr.
UC Irvine

I am a faculty member at the University of California, Irvine, currently working on a research project on foreign language acquisition. Participation in my study involves simply completing a questionnaire on the internet. It can be completed by students in any U.S. or Canadian 1st or 2nd-year foreign language class, instructors of 1st or 2nd year, or language program directors.

The questionnaire is anonymous (i.e., you do not have to give your name or even the name of your school) and takes only 8- 10 minutes to complete. I would be very grateful for your participation. If you would like to fill out the opinion survey, go to the following web address at your earliest convenience: http://web70.ugs.uci.edu/fl/, or simply link to it through the UCI German Dept. web site at http://www.humanities.uci.edu/german/.

Your participation is not associated in any way with your foreign language class. Thank you!

        Glenn S. Levine
        Language Program Director
        Department of German
        University of California, Irvine