LLTI Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:45:58 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Keiko Schneider <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
>>For the last two weeks I have been looking for ways to promote our Web
>>Page (for the Department of Foreign Languages in Illinois State
>>University) in different Search Machines (Yahoo, Lycus...) but I haven't
>>been successful so far. Do you know of an easy way to do this? I know
>>Submit-it.com used to do it for free in the past but now they charge for it.

Fernando,
It takes a loooong time to expect an update for Yahoo and other big search
engines.  I waited about three months initially and resubmitted.  Then I
think another two months or so and they finally updated!  I would suspect
there are software (probably shareware) to do this submitting for you.  If
you feel important to have it on search engines, you can pay a small fee
and it will go to hundreds.  However I never got that far.  They will find
you as well and since you are not doing e-commerce, better way to get to
target audience will be mailing list, like this one, of the interest.  Or
asking to link to your site from related web sites.  That is just my
experience from my Bookmarks page.

Sincerely yours,
Keiko Schneider

Keiko Schneider ([log in to unmask])