LLTI Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:04:47 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Tommy B. McDonell" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Tommy B. McDonell" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: 'Smart' classrooms
>Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:25:01 -0400

------------------
Hi. I'm hoping that someone can help me on this problem. One of the colleges
where I am an adjunct has turned three classrooms into 'smart' classrooms.
They are wired for online classes, as well as projection of onsite video and
computer based images, text etc.

The problem is that the college has very little classroom space and these
classrooms will be used for 'regular' classes as well.

The college now wonders how best to use these 'smart' classrooms as far as
equipment. Should they each have computers on them (which may not make
students for non smart classes happy) should students 'rent' laptops from
the school (and if they own their own laptop then should they still rent
them or just borrow one) or what.

This college has two buildings of which every single classroom is constantly
in use from 7 in the morning until late in the evening. It has only three
computer labs for students to work in to do research, writing, etc.

Can anyone either suggest how this might work, or how it is done in their
schools?

Thanks for any help. Tommy

Ms.Tommy B. McDonell
http://www.weleap4esl.org