LLTI Archives

October 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:34:29 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "A. Allen Rowe" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:57:23 -0600
>From: "A. Allen Rowe" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5760.1 pentium/celeron; RAM; flat screen, etc...(!)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
John states re flat screens redeeming their higher cost:
My reading of their performance is that they don't.  Their value is in
space saving and aesthetics.  Otherwise, they don't perform as well and
certainly don't offer a good price/performance ratio.

One might agree with John regarding other people's eyes.  As for my own,
the extra I invested in a flat screen has been worth every penny and
then some.  Eye fatigue is much much less for me!  Also I believe that
flat screens don't put off as much ELF and VLF radiation for any
concerned about that issue, although I have not metered mine to verify
that.  Anyone out there have some data on this?
Allen Rowe