LLTI Archives

October 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:12:19 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Peggy Marcy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Peggy Marcy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5735 Audio files for Windows (Freeware)
>Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:48:45 -0700

------------------
I may be misunderstanding, but "Sound Recorder" is standard on all Windows
at least since Win95.  It is under "Accessories"==>"Multimedia"==>"Sound
Recorder."  If your sound recorder is not set up, then you should be able to
download the correct drivers from online.  I would have to ask my tech to
know exactly which site.  I have no idea whether Windows sound recorder can
compress files, but I know there is other free software that could compress
depending upon what type of file you are wanting.

Good luck,
Peggy Marcy,
Mt. San Antonio College

>I'd like to know if there is software out there that is freeware and allows
>one to perform all three functions above with audio files.   For the
>Macintosh, I have used Sound Recorder, which was free and could do all
>these functions, but finding the same software for Windows has been
tougher.