LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:56:16 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:02:57 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: An Inquiry from Virginia

------------------
I'm posting this for Becky Thomas (with her permission).  Please reply to her directly at the address shown below.  Thanks...

>>> "Becky Thomas" <[log in to unmask]> 09/22/00 04:46PM >>>
I am a community college French instructor and international
education coordinator within the Virginia Community College System
(VCCS), and am currently involved in the preparation of a System-wide
grant proposal to the U.S. Department of Education's Title VI A
competition.

Part of our proposal involves my soliciting training proposals for a
one-week summer institute in multimedia instruction for eight foreign
language instructors, and in some case a technical person from their
colleges, each year for three years.

However, our RFP is not appropriate for many university instructional
technology units because of the VCCS's major commitment to live,
interactive, compressed video instruction.  The crafters of the grant
proposal feel strongly that the training we seek must blend video
conferencing techniques, Internet skills, and foreign language
pedagogy.

Could you direct us to several appropriate providers? I will be extremely grateful for any
assistance you can give us.

Becky Thomas

Associate Professor of French
Piedmont Virginia Community College