LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:56:12 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Patrick Davis" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Return-Receipt-To: "Patrick Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Patrick Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5707.5 software for video and audio processing on PCs (!)
>Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:59:20 -0300
>Disposition-Notification-To: "Patrick Davis" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Not all didital camcorders support analog pass through - the Sony is fairly
well recommended - it has both RCA and SVHS jacks to support both types of
pass through and can be set to convert the analog to digital signal - this
saves having to buy an additional board or external box.  In addition to
this the Sony digital 8's will also play HI 8 and regular 8 tapes and send
them through to a digital firewire card.

In terms of price the digital 8's by sony are also considered to be
inexpensive. They can be priced at the Sony Store online.

If you choose to go another way Pinnacle makes a board which captures analog
video and switches it to digital.

Hope this helps.

Pat

Patrick Davis, General Manager
Study Abroad Canada, Charlottetown Prince Edward Island
Programs include: ESL, High School Program, TESL Certificate, MA TESL/TEFL
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>    http://www.eccl.ca
A proud member of the Canada Wide English Network
http://www.canadawide-english.com