LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:12:03 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:48:19 -1000
>From: Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: LLT Volume 4, Number 2 NOW AVAILABLE!
>To: [log in to unmask]

submissions of articles, reviews, and commentaries for future issues.
Check our guidelines for submission at http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html

Sincerely,

Mark Warschauer, Irene Thompson, and Dorothy Chun, Editors
Language Learning & Technology (http://llt.msu.edu)

***Feature Articles***

Changing technologies, changing literacy communities?
Denise E. Murray, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia

Hypermedia, internet communication, and the challenge of redefining
literacy in the electronic age
Cameron Richards, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

Authenticity and authorship in the computer-mediated acquisition of L2 literacy
Claire Kramsch, University of California, Berkeley
Francine A'Ness, Dartmouth College
Wan Shun Eva Lam, University of California, Berkeley

New technologies, new literacies: Focus discipline research and ESL
learning communities
Loretta Kasper, Kingsborough Community College

The role of tasks in promoting intercultural learning in electronic
learning networks
Andreas Müller-Hartmann, University of Giessen, Germany

***Columns***

From the Editors: Welcome to LLT
by Mark Warschauer, Irene Thompson, & Dorothy Chun

From the Guest Editor: Introducing This Issue
by Rick Kern

On the Net - Literacy: Reading on the Net
by Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio

Emerging Technologies - Literacies and Technology Tools/Trends
by Bob Godwin-Jones

Announcements: News from Sponsoring Organizations

***Reviews***
Edited by Jennifer Leeman

Call: Media, Design, & Applications, Keith Cameron (Ed.)
Reviewed by Mike Ledgerwood

Virtual ConversationsTM Language Programs: Roberto's Restaurant
CD-ROM, Interactive Drama, Inc., Publishers
Reviewed by Robert Blake

Easy Writer, Jane Boris
Reviewed by Pamela Couch

***Call for Papers***