LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:08:02 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:32:39 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re:  #5723 Film Guides

We have FilmArobics study guides for Les roseaux sauvages (Wild Reeds)
and for Le retour de Martin Guerre, and have found them useful to a
certain extent. I don't know the authors but was told by faculty that
the guides were not written by native speakers; occasionally they
have found language mistakes.

The exercises are varied and many are interesting. Our faculty like
to work with specific excerpts and unfortunately there are very few
transcriptions (if any) contained in the guides. Nonetheless, there
is a lot to be said for handy material and thought-provoking activities.
Plus, the price is reasonable.

my two cents
bruce

Boston University