LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:47:12 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Keiko Schneider <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:45:09 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>From: Keiko Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: SenseiOnline presents 5th Benkyoukai: "Web-based Japanese Language Assessment" September 28th-29th
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Dear fellow language professionals and techies,
I apologize for cross-posting.  Please spread the word of mouth. Anybody
interested is welcome.

Info Page http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/5thbenkyoukai.html

SenseiOnline presents 5th Benkyoukai (Study Forum)
Carly J. Born and Joanna Hollis  "Web-based Japanese Language Assessment"

September 28th (Thursday), 2000 at 4pm PDT
(1pm Hawaii, 7pm EDT, 11pm GMT; 29th Friday, 8am Japan, 9am Sydney, if this
calculation is correct).

I am absolutely sure about Pacific time and GMT, but if you have doubts
please go to http://www.hilink.com.au/times/ to calcuate what time it would
be where you are.

How long: for 50 minutes

Whos is the invited speaker?
Carly J. Born and Joanna Hollis, Monterey Institute of International Studies

What is going to happen?
Their presentation is on the Assessment site at the following. Visiting the
site before the presentation is highly recommended.
http://homepage.mac.com/japanaddict/test/front.html

Carly and Joanna prepared serious papers. They suggst reading Technical
Report (8 pages) first
(http://www.eGroups.com/files/senseionline/5th+benkyoukai/tech_report.html)
and then look through the parts of the testing paper
(http://www.eGroups.com/files/senseionline/5th+benkyoukai/paper.html) that
interests you. If you are a senseiOnline member, you can also go to the
member file area for 5th benkyoukai
(http://www.eGroups.com/files/senseionline/5th+benkyoukai/) and download
the documents in Word format.

So you read that paper beforehand and go to the chat room with World Without
Borders. There will be Carly, Joanna and other participants. Since WWB is
open to
everybody I would like to invite whoever is interested in this kind of
topic. There will be somebody from WWB to help you with technical stuff
with chat itself.

Where:  World Without Borders is letting us use their space. Please go to
http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/5thbenkyoukai.html for detailed
log in info.  I would log in early or do practice before the actual session.

If I can't attend?  If I am too sleepy?
The log of this event will be available at World Without Borders for two
years.  Details will follow.

Please send any question to the Manager at [log in to unmask]  I look
forward to seeing you all!  yoroshiku onegai itashimasu.

Sincerely yours,
Keiko Schneider

Keiko Schneider ([log in to unmask])
Bookmarks: http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks