LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:07:31 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Keiko Schneider <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 06:44:19 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Keiko Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5686.1 Blackboard or other software (!)
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

------------------
If all you really want is a chat or discussion site, one of the =
best
products on the market is WebBoard.

Dear subscribers,
I am posting this because of the multilingual nature of this list.  I LOVE
WebBoard and it is very easy to use, but it is strict ASCII only.  It
doesn't even extended ASCII like Spanish and French (forget Japanese).
Blackboard doesn't show Japanese anywhere at all and WebCT doesn't in
chatroom.  (sigh, we have a long way to go).

If you can get hands on WebCrossing, I use for an online class (don't laugh
with HTML Writer's Guild) and also World Without Borders who host online
forum uses it.
http://www.webcrossing.com
I wrote a report on it for my online class, although I can't prove this is
a good URL right now because my domain hosting is down :-(
http://www.sabotenweb.com/classes/karen/infra.html

Also don't forget RTA from UCDavis http://escher.cs.ucdavis.edu/

Sincerely yours,
Keiko Schneider