LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:07:27 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Janel Brennan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Janel Brennan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Windows NT
>Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:49:15 -0400

------------------
Hello-

We will be converting our 21 station computer lab to NT this year and I
would love to hear from people who have gone through this kind of transition
and what problems they ran into doing it.  Our biggest concern is of course
the compatibility with our current foreign language software.  I've checked
with several of the companies and they have assured me that their software
is compatible.  However, I am having trouble contacting every company that
makes the software.  If there are people that are currently running NT and
have some of the software that we have, could you please e-mail me and let
me know of any problems or things that you ran into?  Someone also suggested
that instead of NT, we might want to go with Windows 2000.  I am open to any
suggestions / help in this area that I am completely unfamiliar with!

Here is our current list of software:

Global Surf
Atajo
Arriba
Japanese Spoken Language
Nuevos Destinos
Paroles
Prego
Russian-Live from Moscow
Return From Silence
Systeme D
TOEFL Sampler
Triple Play Plus Hebrew
Pinyin Master
Parliamo Italiano
Parliamo Italiano Now!
Mai Oui

Thank you so much for your help!

Janel :)

Janel M. Brennan, Coordinator, FL Instructional Technology
The Language Center 1105 Jiménez Hall
College Park,MD 20742                              301-405-6927
http://www.inform.edu/LanguageCenter